The MFCA League Season has begun and the rules are very simple! Each years season runs from August 7 of that year till midnight, June 30 of the following year. (Example: Aug 7, 2014-June 30, 2015.)
- Any electric football coach is a member of the MFCA League.
- The MFCAL season starts August 7, and ends June 30 at midnight. The winner will be announced on July 4 of each year.
- Each MFCAL coach may play up to a maximum of 8 games against any coach. You must play at least 6 different opponents. This means that 2 opponents can be played twice, however quality win points are only awarded once per opponent. If you are 18 or older, you may only play 1 youth coach per season and only once per season.
- You may play with ANY rule set and may count your local league or tournament games if both coaches have agreed, prior to starting the game, that it is to be counted as a MFCAL game. Once agreed upon, you may not withdraw from the agreement in case you happen to be losing! In the case of an emergency, the game may be postponed at any point. Every effort should be made to complete it at a later date.
- Only completed games are counted. No tap outs. You are allowed, if in the lead, with little time remaining, to take a knee in the 4th quarter to end the game! Running up the score, all though not illegal, is NOT encouraged and fair play is expected. Any game not played to the full extent of the rules being used cannot be counted.
- At the completion of the game, the winning coach must go online at: http://miniaturefootball.org/mfca-league/enter-game-info/ and submit a quick and simple form which will include the rule set used including the weight limit/s, winning coach name, losing coach name, teams used and final score. If internet access is not available, the pertinent info may be mailed in to the league statistician.
- During the season, any rule or question not covered above will be determined and acted upon by the MFCAL Commisioner.
Points are awarded as follows.
0-7 game points scored=1 MFCAL point
8-14 game points scored=2 MFCAL point
15-21 game points scored=3 MFCAL points
22-above game points scored=4 MFCAL points
Winning coach receives an additional 10 MFCAL points for the win
Losing coach only gets MFCAL points for game points scored per the chart above.
Quality win points bonus: At the end of the season, you will be awarded 2 bonus points each for every MFCAL win an opponent you have beaten achieves.
Coach A beats Coach B
Coach B goes on to win 5 of his remaining 7 games
At the end of the season, Coach A will receive 10 (Coach B’s 5 wins times 2 points each) additional points added to his year end total.
- On July 4 the MFCAL Champion will be announced!
- The MFCAL champion will be awarded the MFCAL Coach of the Year Champion trophy at the annual convention in August.